Psychiatrists’ Association of Nepal (PAN) is a representative organization to be actively managed by Mental Health Workers themselves for their own welfare and security and amelioration (improvement) of the mental health of all Nepalese
The mission of the Psychiatrists’ Association of Nepal (PAN) is to o
- promote the highest quality care for individuals with mental illness, including substance use disorders, and their families
- promote psychiatric education and research
- advance and represent the profession of psychiatry
- serve the professional needs of its membership
To promote the rights and best interests of patients and those actually or potentially making use of psychiatric services for mental illness, including substance use disorders.
- To improve access to and quality of psychiatric services.
- To improve research into all aspects of mental illness, including causes, prevention, and treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- To improve psychiatric education and training.
- To promote optimal conditions for practice and career satisfaction.
- To foster collaboration among all who are concerned with medical, psychological, socio-cultural and legal aspects of mental health and illness.
- To improve functioning of the PAN in the service of its mission.